Friday, November 01, 2013

Arrived at Camp Eggers, Afghanistan.

This has been a long trip. I was selected for the job in September. I flew to Atterbury, and when I arrived, I learned that I had no military ID. I had to fly back to Alexandria VA. Then I flew to Atterbury, and then on to Kuwait. I was sad that Ali Al Saleem has closed. It was an old friend, I flew through Ali many times in the past nine years . American contractors are now flying to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. We stay in tents, and then on to the destination. I stayed in a tent, and then I flew to Kandahar, Afghanistan . I spent 12 hours in the waiting room at Kandahar, and then I got a flight to KAIA, the civilian airport at Kabul, Afghanistan. I was lucky, and I got a room at the transient barracks, and the first hot shower I have had in 6 days. I checked in with my company, and I arranged to be picked up. The firm sent a driver, and I arrived at camp Eggers. I am now in the "swamp" a barracks. The dining hall is next door. I am only able to eat once in 24 hours, this is the worst case of jet lag, I have ever had.

No comments: