Thursday, November 12, 2009

Looking for work

I am again unemployed. I was laid off, due to the fact that the contract requirements changed. I was hired by a firm in Northern VA. This firm, loaned me out to another firm, which had a project in Afghanistan. All civilians who work in Iraq/Afghanistan, are required to spend a week at Fort Benning Georgia, for briefings, and to insure that their health is adequate, and they can spend time in a country with low-standard medical care.

I cleared Fort Benning five months ago, and I worked in Iraq June/July/August 2009. My new firm required me to go back through the Fort Benning process again, even though the school is good for one year. The Army found an old medical report, and required me to get another medical exam. The medical exam showed me to be completely healthy, and free of any possibility of cancer.

While I was waiting in the barracks, the prime contractor was informed that the requirements changed, so I was surplussed. If I had already been in Afghanistan, I would have been recalled, and had to fly back to the USA.

The result is, I am unemployed. My firm is assisting me in finding a new position, either overseas or here in the Northern VA area.

My current resume is at http://www.4jobs.com/charlesmartin

If anyone knows of any work I can do, please feel free to contact me.

No comments: