Sunday, October 31, 2010

My father has passed to the Celestial Lodge

Last Monday, October 25, my father passed to the Celestial Lodge. I was with him in Bowling Green, KY. We put him in the Hospice, after 30 days in the hospital. He was in the Hospice for four days. I stayed in the room, with him, that final night. I got up at 0400am, and I could not hear him breathing. I reached over, and checked the carotid pulse. He was gone.

I shall miss him terribly. He was 80, and he had a full long life. He had a laugh, like roaring thunder. He would not want us to cry.

I will be leaving for Afghanistan, next week. I will be too busy to miss him.

2 comments:

Tim Bryce said...

I'm sorry to hear this my Brother. I've been through this as well and understand what you are feeling. It's like a unique fraternity we must all join whether we want to or not. In coelo quies est.

S+F,
Tim

John Galt said...

Brother my prayers are with you and your familyl. I am sure that he was happy to have you near by when he passed on to his great reward.

I have had to stand by and watch my father go as well. It hurts. If you need to unload Brother just drop me a line. If there is anything I can do just let me know.