Friday, August 24, 2007

Arrived safely in Afghanistan

I left Iraq on the night of 22 August. I flew all night, with a couple of intermediate stops, and then the aircraft landed in Kuwait on the morning of 23 August. I waited on the military base for about 10 hours, then I caught a flight to Afghanistan. I arrived at Bagram Air Base on the morning of the 24th. I went to the transient tent, and slept in my two-day old clothes. I finally got a shower ,and a shave and a change of clothing.

I am now undergoing some familiarization, and learning the systems and procedure here in Afghanistan. (It is virtually identical to Iraq). I will be assigned to Sharana base, in a week or so, then I have to arrange a flight up there.

BTW- I am NOT a Lieutenant Colonel. I am a civilian electronics engineer. I was in the Air Force from 1973-1978, and I was honorably discharged with the rank of Sergeant (E4).

I will list my postal address, when I get one. My email addresses all remain the same. If you need to know my email address, just leave a comment on this board.

No comments: