Saturday, September 28, 2013

Heading back to Afghanistan


I am delighted to report that I have been hired by a firm (I do not care to disclose the name here). I signed the contract, and I took my physical exam last week. I lost 30 pounds in the last six months. I am as healthy as a buffalo, but I must be seen again by the Army doctors at Camp Atterbury. I will fly to Indianapolis on 5 Oct. I will go to the barracks, and spend a week in Army processing. I have done Fort Bliss (El Paso) once, and Fort Benning (Columbus Georgia) five times, and Atterbury three times. This is my tenth time through the Army processing for overseas deployment. I will be working in downtown Kabul, I have been there many times, but I have not worked in Kabul since 2004. I was working for a firm, and my contract concluded on my 50th birthday. I flew home immediately. Six days later, my breakfast table was blown up by a truck suicide bomber. I think this will be an excellent contract. I am scheduled to work for a year.

No comments: