Thursday, June 14, 2007

14 June 2007. An interesting email from a fan

I got an email from a reader this morning:

Hi there, I just wanted to tell you that I very much enjoy reading your blog and am especially interested in your accounts of daily life at your base in Iraq. Last week I signed up for Soldiers' Angels, a non-profit organization started by a soldier's mother when she heard that some soldiers did not receive any mail or support from home. I have been assigned a person at FOB sykes. I just completed my first letter to him and put it in the mail yesterday & am sending out a care package in a few days also. It would be helpful if i knew what is desperately needed, or even creature comforts so I do hope that he will let me know and if you can give me any ideas it would be greatly appreciated as well.Thank you and take care,AmandaPS- what kind of lightbulbs do you need?

I really have no idea, who is reading this blog, no one has to "check in". If what I put down here is interesting, then I am delighted!!

Fact is, we can always use "care packages" for the soldiers here. If anyone wants to donate toothpaste and hard candy, and shampoo, then send it to me, and I will distribute it at the Rec Hall.

My firm got renewed for the project, so they will be here for at least one more year. I do not know if I will get an additional year. I applied, for an additional year, but it has not been approved yet.

No comments: