Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Going home

My official orders expire at the end of this month. I will be heading back to the USA around 1 March. I am glad to be going home. I am looking forward to the USA food, and getting a bath (in a tub).

There is a lot of work here in Afghanistan, the work is not over yet. This war is going to go on for a long time. The date of 2014, is tossed around, but that is only an estimate.

I am still on night duty, which I prefer. I have really enjoyed meeting the other Masons here. I enjoy our coffee breaks the best. There are Masons here from Canada, the USA, England, even South Africa.

When I get back to the USA, Larisa is keen to go to Miami. I want to go to Orlando. We will probably do both. Frankly, there is not much in Miami, that I am interested in. I went to Walt Disney World, in 1980. I would like to see it again.

2 comments:

Lee Coursey said...

Come home safe, brother. Thank you for your service.

oria4u said...

Hello
Im an Afghan.
i wish you all the best and arrive to your homelan as soon as you want. be happy and thanks for coming here and trying to save our country from Virus.
take care and be happy in your life