Saturday, August 25, 2012

Completed project at Mez. What a day!

We did the work today. We got up at 0300am, and the job was supposed to last 4-5 hours. We spent almost 12 hours doing the project. I drank about 12 bottles of water, and I still felt thirsty and nauseous. The team lead sent me off site, to rest and drink more fluids. I poured all of the liquid down me, that I could. I am just now getting cool. In a previous posting, I remarked about a co-worker getting terminated for violating a company policy. I am not sure exactly what he did, and I do not wish to speculate. The project I am working is "at-will", Any of us can be terminated at any time, with or without cause. The man is no longer with us, and I will leave it at that. After work, I went to the chow hall. They had some good Salisbury Steak, and also some excellent turkey. I had not eaten in almost 24 hours. I ate slowly, and tried not to stuff myself. I finished off with a slice of pecan pie. I drank some more water and soda, and I am getting re-hydrated. I will soon crawl into the rack, and I will fly back to Bagram in a day or so.

No comments: