Tuesday, June 20, 2006

20 June 2006

What a country! I have been endorsed for a second year here. The company apparently likes how I do this job. Good for them. I like how I do the job as well.

Night before last, I got on the Mongoose bike, and the rear tire was flat. I dismounted it, repaired the leak, and re-mounted and inflated the tire. Then I got on the bike yesterday morning, and the same tire was flat. As an old friend used to say "It would make a preacher cuss". So I dismounted the tire, and found a second leak, just an inch from the old leak. I patched the leak, and put the tire under my bed, so that the glue could cure. I will re-mount it today.

The heat is relentless, it has no pity. I would like to sleep with the air conditioner off, the humming is loud. But the night heat crawls across the desert, so it is too hot to sleep with the A/C off. I have to leave it running. This morning, there was a power interruption, so as soon as the power went off, I cut the master switch, so that the A/C would not re-start when the power came back on.

The company wants to send another man here. I can keep him busy, but the work load here is not unbearable. As long as I don't have to take any personal or sick days, then I will be fine.

The food here is getting a little better. Yesterday for lunch I had a breaded veal steak, and a boneless chicken breast. Supper last nite was Barbecued beef brisket. If I can just stay away from the Baskin-Robbins, I might lose a couple of inches here.

We still don't have a charter for our lodge. The Grand Lodge of New York is working on it. It has been over six months, and we don't have a clue as to when the charter is going to be issued. I still do not have my dual membership with Master Builder lodge #911 in Tonawanda NY. The required documentation has not been passed on. I had the secretary of my home lodge in Bowling Green KY, send a confirmation of my membership, and I sent in a photocopy of my 2005 dues card, but the Grand Lodge of New York requires a letter from the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of KY. I requested the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of New York to request the letter. I submitted my request for dual membership in December 2005, and I don't know when it will be processed.

No comments: