Thursday, October 18, 2007

New post

One individual sent in an inquiry about donating supplies to the troops. I am delighted to answer, that we can always use donations of items. We can use soap, blankets, winter clothing, anything you wish to provide. The individual asked that I not list his posting, and I will respect his request.

Individuals, lodges and other organizations often donate items for the troops here. I try to acknowledge each gift, but I cannot get them all. Believe me, we are grateful.

You may send items to me at:

Charles E. Martin
UNISYS Corporation HHC 36 ENG BDE
FOB Sharana
APO AE 09354

And I will distribute them to the troops, through the Recreation Center and the Chaplain's office. There are a number of brave Afghan nationals who work here on this base, and we often share the items with them. These men risk their lives to work for the USA forces.

If anyone would like a "shopping list" email me, and I will provide one. We can use all types of personal care items, shampoo, candy, soap, etc.

Some individuals and organizations have donated Recreational supplies and sporting goods. We are grateful for these items as well, the US Government does not provide recreational items for the troops. If you would like a list of what items we need, please email me.

If you need more information, or you wish to participate, please email me at:

cemab4y@hotmail.com

Thanks.

No comments: