Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday afternoon

I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have our slow periods, but Thursday was awful. The food in the military dining hall is usually pretty good, but today was a loser. For lunch they had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. I ate a bowl of Special K cereal. For lunch, it was shepherd's pie, shredded lamb with mashed potatoes on top. I ate a salad, with ranch dressing, and a bagel with cream cheese.



The nights are still cold in Afghanistan. I feel like I will never be clean again. This place is so dusty, and the garbage pit, where the garbage is burned produces smoke.



May 20, was the bloodiest day for dead soldiers in 2010. A contractor was killed at Bagram (I was stationed there for three months).



Today was not too bad, I drove the forklift truck, and moved some lumber and building supplies around. I also helped on a project, where we prepared a cable for shipment to the USA. I had to wear rubber gloves, and smear epoxy sealant on the work. I enjoyed it.



There was a new pair of boots that no one wanted, so I latched on to them myself.



Keep up with my progress on the blog!

No comments: