Saturday, May 08, 2010

Saturday night in Zormat

Fairly pleasant day here in Zormat. The guys decided to grill some burgers, and I had two, and they were delicious. The weather was clear, so we flew the balloon for some hours. In the afternoon, we hauled it down. I am getting more practice with raising and lowering the balloon.

Dinner tonight, was cajun rice, and fish fillets in spicy sauce. I ate some salad. I could really use some decent desserts. I will lose weight here, I always do.

Biggest hassle, is the depression. I am working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. When I get off at midnight, all I can do, is go back to the trailer, and try to sleep. I get up around 1100am, and get dressed. The dining hall opens at 1130, so I eat, and the get to work at 1200noon.

Summer is coming to Afghanistan. At least I will not freeze, working outside.

No comments: