Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday night in Afghanistan.

Went to work this morning, 12noon. The chow hall served chicken fillets, and french fries, also chili. Supper was fried chicken, rice, green beans. I am eating so much less here, no ice cream, my belt is down two notches already.

I am running out of clean clothes, so I will do laundry tonight, when I get off work at midnite.

Work today was unusual. I had to go up on the elevator truck, and I get vertigo real bad. I guess that I will get used to it. I took a spray jar of soapsuds, and sprayed some inflated plastic, to check for leaks. I found some, and marked them with a felt tip pen. Tonight in the wind, I went out with adhesive and patches, and patched the pinhole leaks. Similar to patching a bicycle tire.

I am on garbage detail this week. Two days ago, I put on rubber gloves, and got on my knees, and scrubbed out the bathroom. This, after 5 1/2 years in college.

This is undoubtedly, the worst contract I have ever had.

No comments: