Saturday, July 15, 2006

15 July 2006

The Ides of July. Heat has moderated. Last Monday, we had a bad windstorm. Blew down one of my systems. Smashed the mounting pole, and one of the cables just blew away, no idea where to find it. Fortunately, I had a spare set of cables. I went to the site, and one of the marines climbed up on the roof and helped me replace the cables.

We had a casualty, one of our Navy SeaBees was killed by a land mine. The Marines shut the internet down for 36 hours, until they could notify his family. When the internet came back up, one of my systems could not report. Now I must fly to Korean Village, about 12 miles from the Syrian border. The flight is 2 1/2 hours. Korean Village is the bleakest place I have ever seen.

Tonight is a Masonic Square and Compasses Club meeting. We still do not have a charter after 7 (seven) months of waiting. I am so disappointed. I have written all of the New York officers, and I still have no idea when we will have a charter. I still do not have my dual membership with Master Builder lodge #911, in Tonawanda New York.

No comments: