Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stuck at ORGUN-E

Got up this morning at 0700am, to get a chopper ride. Waited for some hours, but found out the chopper ride was cancelled. So I went back to the barracks, and unpacked my stuff, and fell asleep on the cot. I will be stuck here through Christmas.

It is not so bad here. The Chow Hall is excellent. Tonight, I had excellent prime rib, with Bernaise Sauce, lobster tails, and fried scallops, and bread dressing. For dessert, I had a fruit smoothie. It is the only way I can get fruit, is if it is pureed.

It was beautiful today, sunshine, about 60. There is plenty of hot water in the shower, but I only shower every two days. I like being clean-shaven, but I do not like shaving.

I found a three-pound Claxton fruit cake, and ate it all up! I love fruitcake, people make jokes about fruitcake at Christmas, but I like it. I also found some chocolate, and Reeses peanut butter cups!

The Rec Hall computers are fine, very fast connection. I watch some TV, today I watched "It's a wonderful life" with Jimmy Stewart. Two days ago, I watched "White Christmas", with Bing Crosby. There will be holiday films on for the next couple of days.

I will just have to wait for a chopper!

No comments: