Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday afternoon

Sunday afternoon. COLD here in Orgun-E. The chow hall served polish sausage and potatos tonight. I walked out of the chow hall, and it was very dark. The moon is at its closest point to the earth in 21 years, and the full moon is now on. When the moon rises, it is spectacular.

I am waiting for a chopper flight, it may be another week here, before one can be had. What a hassle. In the meantime, it is just wait for the chopper.

I am reading James Michener's "Hawaii", and also "Space". I watch TV, I got a lot of football last week, all the football I can stand. I wish the military TV had more educational programs, and A&E, and history,etc.

I am glad that I brought enough clothes. Snow is expected soon. At least I have thick boots, and walking on the gravel does not hurt my feet so much.

I am still getting over a cold. I cough up a lot of mucus, and my chest is sore from all the coughing. I got some tablets from the Army doctor, and they help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles, what is it like at fob Orgun-e? Is the gym good? How is the internet situation? Is there internet in the barracks for soldiers? Wi-fi or land line? Is there satelite tv in rooms or is it only in MWR? Thanks and greatly appreciated for any info. Have a safe trip whenever you are lucky enough to fly.