Friday, April 17, 2009

Home a week

Well, it has been an interesting week. I was interviewed by phone, by Amber Healy, for a story in the local paper. And I just got off the phone with a photographer. I have been looking for work, and I have a couple of leads, hopefully, I can get back to Iraq soon.

It is good to relax, I have been in Afghanistan for seven months. Driving is a challenge, I almost hit a couple of pedestrians. It is difficult to get used to the traffic of Washington DC metro. And cooking my own meals! I can sleep the whole night, without aircraft waking me up! Biggest hassle, is my mother-in-law is here, and there is not much space for three people. The kitchen is small, and the wife and mother-in-law are always complaining. When I fry sausage, the odor goes all over.

No comments: