Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things are looking up

My contract in Afghanistan concluded on 4 April 2009. I am in Lorton VA, seeking employment. If anyone has information or a job lead, please feel free to write me.

Anyway, today I interviewed (by phone) with an engineer in Iraq. The interview went very well, and tomorrow, I have a phone interview with the tem leader in Tampa Florida. If I pass the interview, I will be hired for this new project.

I have completed four (4) contracts in Afghanistan, and two (2) contracts in Iraq. If selected for this project, I will attend a training school in Tampa, Florida. Then I will return, either to Iraq or Afghanistan. Believe me, the quality of life in Iraq is better than the quality of life in Afghanistan. The US presence in Afghanistan is growing so fast, that the infrastructure (housing,etc) cannot keep up with the demand.

Iraq is drawing down in numbers, but the US presence will be there for many years. I work in Telecommunications, and Telecommunications is always the first in and the last out! I am looking forward to returning.

I will keep everyone posted.

No comments: