Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday night in Lorton VA

What an interesting day. My mother-in-law was staying with us. This afternoon, she flew back to Moscow. She is in the air, even now. Larisa has been trying not to act too depressed about it. Anyway, we can have a bit of privacy, now that we are alone in the house.

Today, a Census employee dropped by, confirming our address. I worked for the 1990 Census, in computer operations. I used to tell people, that I had a job that really counted.

I went to McDonalds for breakfast. I like their steak/egg/cheese bagels. I drank a cup of their industrial-grade coffee. I bought a copy of the Washington post, I usually read it on line.

I went to the grocery store, and bought a Boston cream pie. I have not eaten one in many years. I also got some lettuce and tomatoes. There is no Imperial valley iceberg lettuce in Iraq, there is a lot of Romaine lettuce. I must get filled of all the USA foods that I can, When I return to the desert, I will do without.

My suspension from Masonry will expire in a couple of weeks. I am anxious to return to being a Mason in good standing, in Kentucky. Then the Grand Lodge of KY will inform Massachusetts and New York, and I can go back to being a three-lodge mason again.

I went to MENSA on Friday night. Only one other person showed up. The group has dwindled.

Tomorrow is Sunday, I will probably sleep in. Larisa gets all mad, when I fry, the odors waft right into the bedroom.

I would like to visit a horse race track, before I return. There is a race track in Tampa! Maybe I can attend.

I get the most interesting emails. But I keep referring the inquiries here! If people would visit the blog, they can get updated more easily.

No comments: